Koch Real Estate Investments ("KREI") is seeking an Investment Director to join the team to focus on PropTech investments. KREI is the real estate investment arm of Koch Industries, the second largest privately held company in the US with over $115bn in revenue. Since 2003, Koch has completed over $130bn of acquisitions and investments. KREI is active in the private and public markets and makes financial investments throughout the capital stack. The Director will focus on venture and growth investments across the built world and will be responsible for sourcing, diligence and underwriting opportunities and collaborating closely with management teams leading up to and after investment.
This position will be located at the KREI offices in Dallas, Tx.What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist in the sourcing, diligence, underwriting, and internal memo preparation for new investments.
- Perform industry research and competitive analysis related to potential investments and markets of interest.
- Run the diligence process for new investments and coordinate with other Koch teams and external partners.
- Prepare presentations on potential investments for senior management that identify and assess valuation, range of outcomes-based return profile, potential synergies, risks, etc.
- Assist in the negotiation, structuring, and closing of transactions.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and tracking of portfolio company performance to identify risks and opportunities and to help with strategic portfolio decision making.
- Work closely with the management teams of portfolio companies to help scale their business and leverage the resources of Koch to unlock mutual benefit.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Self-starter, highly focused and ability to work independently and assist the investment diligence and underwriting process
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Humility, a collaborative and team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable with ambiguity, and an ability to think outside the box
- Integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Intellectual curiosity
What Will Put You Ahead
- 4+ years of work experience at a private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A or other principal investment platform with deal-oriented diligence and transaction experience
- 2+ years of work experience in investment banking, consulting, real estate, startups, or other operational roles within internet/technology companies
- Bachelor's degree or higher in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, computer science, or other technical / business-related field
- Experience acting as a Board Director or Observer for growth businesses
- Experience in technology related industries or the application of technology in industry
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, structuring, managing end to end diligence, and negotiating deals
- Experience in preparing operating memorandums and/or detailed valuation presentations
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.