General Responsibilities: Receive and maintain information from relevant sources. Process information, dispatch agents on time to meet service level requirements and response times. Identify action and events that have adverse effects on the operation and maintaining the SLA Organizing, planning and prioritizing the movement of the employees based on flights arrival and departure times and the needs of the passengers. Effective communication with Shift Manager's peers. Communicates assignments to employees and enters assignment date in computer database. Duties may include using radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compile and reports on work progress.
Specific Duties/Essential Job Functions:
* Cabin Service
- Create a work order for every customer that requires assistance.
- Assign Team Leads to aircraft 10-20 min .prior to flight arrival times.
- Follow up with Team Leads to ensure the request is accepted, scanned and arrived in a timely manner.
- Inform the on-duty supervisor of any issues out of the ordinary that may need additional in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate documentation of Call Log and follow up to appropriate contact levels i.e. 1st call Supervisors, 2nd call Shift Manager, 3rd call Operation Managers.
- Simultaneously answer high volumes of telephone calls and dispatch information out to appropriate sources.
- Key demonstration of multi-task ability to include; answering income calls on second ring, dispatching, maintaining documentation of call logs, and communicating with Dispatch Coordinator and Shift Manager.
- Maintain service level agreements and response times.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
(The Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The individual may be required to sit, stand, walk, the majority of the work shift.
- Individual may be required to lift 50 pounds or more during the work shift.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Confined work Environment.
- The work environment has a moderate to high noise level.
- High Volume of calls and multi-task.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements described are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and employee handbooks.
- Must also possess and utilize effective listening skills.
- Bi-lingual A+.
- Employee must demonstrate an intermediate to advance level of experience working with Microsoft Office Software applications, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Employee must demonstrate typing skills of 60+ words per min.
- Employee must be internet savvy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply Conflict Resolution skills in daily work environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in customer service environment.
- Ability to manage your time and the time of others properly.
General Company Requirements:
- Employee must comply with the Company's uniform and grooming standards and must wear his or her SIDA badge/Airport ID at all times.
- Employee must utilize company required equipment.
- Company issued equipment must not be used for personal use (see communication policy).
- Employee must comply with all guidelines and policies set forth in the Air Serv Corporation Employee Handbook. These policies include, but are not limited to, the Company's Zero Tolerance Discrimination and Harassment Policy, Retaliation Policy, Ethics Policy, and Security Policy. Employee must also comply with regulatory agency requirements, including, but not limited to, the ADA, ACAA, DOT, TSA, FAA, and Federal, State, and Local authorities.
Education: High school diploma or GED required
2+ Years college education or equivalent work experience
4 years of experience required.
Knowledge of the particular operation(s) being supported as a Dispatcher, as well as of the local area, airport area, and terminals, as applicable to the position, is preferred.
Must submit to and pass a drug screen
Must meet all requirements to receive required airport SIDA badge and Customs Seal (if applicable), including successful completion of a background check and ten-year work history.
This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of management. Must work schedule or assigned. Rotation of work location, assignment and shift is subject to change based on operational needs.